Take your Nevada CCW Class right here at The Range 702 in Las Vegas!
What Is a CCW Class?
A concealed carry permit class, also known as a CCW class, is a detailed session that includes classroom instruction and hands-on training with a certified firearms instructor in order to qualify to legally carry a concealed weapon. The Range 702 offers CCW classes in Las Vegas if you’re interested in becoming certified. You must reserve your seat ahead of time and be prepared for the class upon arrival.
Can You Take a CCW Class Before 21?
The requirements for getting a CCW permit in Nevada include being at least 21 years old. Some states may vary, but you must be at least 21 years of age to apply for a CCW permit. Although you may be able to take a training course similar to a CCW class before you turn 21, you will not be able to legally carry a concealed weapon before you become of age. However, if you are over 18 and in the U.S. military, you are permitted to apply for a CCW permit before 21.
How Long is a CCW Class?
The CCW class in Las Vegas offered at The Range 702 is an 8-hour class if you’ve never had a CCW permit before. Renewal classes are four hours long. You can choose to get a Nevada CCW permit or a multi-state CCW permit and should specify which one you want when making your reservation for the class.
A CCW class includes detailed classroom instruction and range qualification with a certified firearms instructor. Some of the things you’ll cover are:
- Gun safety and how to handle a firearm.
- Different carrying methods.
- Live fire training.
- Working out of your holster a lot, which includes shooting from the hip and shooting on the move.
- Shooting down range qualification is shooting at 3, 5, and 7 yards. The minimum score is 225 out of 300 on a standard silhouette B27 target.
- 3 yards – 6 rounds dominant hand unsupported, 6 rounds non-dominant hand supported.
- 5 yards is 12 rounds with your supported dominant hand.
- 7 yards is 12 rounds with your supported dominant hand.
What To Bring to a CCW Class
Some things you’ll need to bring to your CCW class include:
- Valid photo identification
- Your handgun – The Range 702 can provide you with one for a fee, but it’s best to learn with a firearm you’ll be using for a long time.
- Holster – Ask us about our new custom holsters available for purchase.
- 50 rounds
- Two magazines (minimum)
- Eye & ear protection – provided for a nominal fee, however, it is suggested that you have your own.
One of the most common questions we’re asked by those who have just completed their CCW certification and licensing is “what type of gun should I carry?” That’s a tough question to answer! In fact, ask a group of CCW permit holders this same question and you’ll get answers that range from “I only carry Glocks” to “A…
October 12, 2020
If you are new to shooting guns, Chapter 1 of the Ultimate Shooting Range Guide gives a breakdown of the parts of a typical handgun, and a brief history of guns. Some topics you will learn:
- How Guns Work
- Parts of a Gun and Their Functions
- Differences Between Firearms and Handguns
The essential part of your shooting range experience is learning gun safety rules. If you’re not yet familiar with these rules your range safety officer or instructor will go over these in-depth. Chapter 3 covers everything for a safe and exciting experience, including:
- Fundamentals of Shooting
- Firearm Safety Rules
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Gun Safety
In Chapter 4 we cover the various types of gear and equipment you might see and bring to a indoor shooting range. Some of the items covered include:
- Additional magazines
- Hearing protection
- Protective eyewear
- Gun cleaning kit
Chapter 5 of the Ultimate Shooting Range Guide covers the benefits of shooting at an outdoor range plus how to build your own outdoor range. Topics covered include:
- What is an Outdoor Shooting Range?
- How to Build an Outdoor Shooting Range
- Where Is an Outdoor Shooting Range Near Me?
Many shooters prefer to shoot at an indoor gun range because they are protected from the elements and it’s great for target practice. In Chapter 6, you will learn:
- How Do Indoor Shooting Ranges Work?
- Are Indoor Shooting Ranges Safe?
- What Are Exotic Firearms at the Range?
- What Are Safety Requirements at Indoor Shooting Ranges?
Chapter 7 of the Ultimate Shooting Range Guide covers the all the need-to-know for getting your concealed carry permit (CCW), including what to bring, and great firearms to consider purchasing for concealed carry.
- What is a CCW Class?
- Can You Take a CCW Class Before 21?
- How Long is a CCW Class?
- What To Bring to a CCW Class
- How to Get CCW Permit