Go to Table of Contents
Back to Chapter 6: Indoor Shooting
What Is a CCW Class?
A concealed carry permit class, also known as a CCW class, is a detailed session that includes classroom instruction and hands-on training with a certified firearms instructor in order to qualify to legally carry a concealed weapon. The Range 702 offers CCW classes in Las Vegas if you’re interested in becoming certified. You must reserve your seat ahead of time and be prepared for the class upon arrival.
Can You Take a CCW Class Before 21?
The requirements for getting a CCW permit in Nevada include being at least 21 years old. Some states may vary, but you must be at least 21 years of age to apply for a CCW permit. Although you may be able to take a training course similar to a CCW class before you turn 21, you will not be able to legally carry a concealed weapon before you become of age. However, if you are over 18 and in the U.S. military, you are permitted to apply for a CCW permit before 21.
How Long is a CCW Class?
The CCW class in Las Vegas offered at The Range 702 is an 8-hour class if you’ve never had a CCW permit before. Renewal classes are four hours long. You can choose to get a Nevada CCW permit or a multi-state CCW permit and should specify which one you want when making your reservation for the class.
A CCW class includes detailed classroom instruction and range qualification with a certified firearms instructor. Some of the things you’ll cover are:
- Gun safety and how to handle a firearm.
- Different carrying methods.
- Live fire training.
- Working out of your holster a lot, which includes shooting from the hip and shooting on the move.
- Shooting down range qualification is shooting at 3, 5, and 7 yards. The minimum score is 225 out of 300 on a standard silhouette B27 target.
- 3 yards – 6 rounds dominant hand unsupported, 6 rounds non-dominant hand supported.
- 5 yards is 12 rounds with your supported dominant hand.
- 7 yards is 12 rounds with your supported dominant hand.
What To Bring to a CCW Class
Some things you’ll need to bring to your CCW class include:
- Valid photo identification
- Your handgun – The Range 702 can provide you with one for a fee, but it’s best to learn with a firearm you’ll be using for a long time.
- Holster – Ask us about our new custom holsters available for purchase.
- 50 rounds
- Two magazines (minimum)
- Eye & ear protection – provided for a nominal fee, however, it is suggested that you have your own.