Chapter 7 — Concealed Carry Permit Classes
What Is a CCW Class?
A concealed carry permit class, also known as a CCW class, is a detailed session that includes classroom instruction and hands-on training with a certified firearms instructor in order to qualify to legally carry a concealed weapon. The Range 702 offers CCW classes in Las Vegas if you’re interested in becoming certified. You must reserve your seat ahead of time and be prepared for the class upon arrival.
Can You Take a CCW Class Before 21?
The requirements for getting a CCW permit in Nevada include being at least 21 years old. Some states may vary, but you must be at least 21 years of age to apply for a CCW permit. Although you may be able to take a training course similar to a CCW class before you turn 21, you will not be able to legally carry a concealed weapon before you become of age. However, if you are over 18 and in the U.S. military, you are permitted to apply for a CCW permit before 21.
How Long is a CCW Class?
The CCW class in Las Vegas offered at The Range 702 is an 8-hour class if you’ve never had a CCW permit before. Renewal classes are four hours long. You can choose to get a Nevada CCW permit or a multi-state CCW permit and should specify which one you want when making your reservation for the class.
A CCW class includes detailed classroom instruction and range qualification with a certified firearms instructor. Some of the things you’ll cover are:
- Gun safety and how to handle a firearm.
- Different carrying methods.
- Live fire training.
- Working out of your holster a lot, which includes shooting from the hip and shooting on the move.
- Shooting down range qualification is shooting at 3, 5, and 7 yards. The minimum score is 225 out of 300 on a standard silhouette B27 target.
- 3 yards – 6 rounds dominant hand unsupported, 6 rounds non-dominant hand supported.
- 5 yards is 12 rounds with your supported dominant hand.
- 7 yards is 12 rounds with your supported dominant hand.
What To Bring to a CCW Class
Some things you’ll need to bring to your CCW class include:
- Valid photo identification
- Your handgun – The Range 702 can provide you with one for a fee, but it’s best to learn with a firearm you’ll be using for a long time.
- Holster – Ask us about our new custom holsters available for purchase.
- 50 rounds
- Two magazines (minimum)
- Eye & ear protection – provided for a nominal fee, however, it is suggested that you have your own.
Best Pistols to Consider Concealed Carry (CCW)
One of the most common questions we’re asked by those who have just completed their CCW certification and licensing is “what type of gun should I carry?” That’s a tough question to answer! In fact, ask a group of CCW permit holders this same question and you’ll get answers that range from “I only carry Glocks” to “A…
CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT CLASS
Take your Nevada CCW Class right here at The Range 702 in Las Vegas!
How to Get CCW Permit
In many states, you must first qualify for a CCW permit before you can apply and legally carry a concealed weapon on your person. Some requirements include:
- You must be at least 21 years old, or 18 if in the US military.
- You have not been legally prohibited from owning a firearm (i.e. prior felony convictions).
- You have completed a firearm safety course and can present documentation.
Women and Concealed Carry Weapons
If you’re a woman who is ready to take charge of protecting yourself and your loved ones, you may want to consider obtaining a CCW permit. Here’s what you need to know:
- Keep in mind that CCW classes aren’t designed to instruct you on proper shooting techniques or basic gun handling. This can however be covered in 1-on-1 firearm training.
- First, each state puts forth unique requirements that must be satisfied prior to carrying a concealed handgun. The first step is determining what your state requirements are regarding CCW.
- Once you’ve signed up for your women’s CCW class and understand the unique permitting requirements of your state or municipality, it is time to select a handgun as your primary carry weapon. The easiest way to do this is to visit your local shooting range and sample as many guns as possible before committing to your choice. Selecting a carry gun is a personal choice, and you’ll want to make sure that it fits your hand, carries comfortably in your chosen holster, and you can shoot it easily.
- Next, you’ll want to complete a professional concealed carry class. Women’s only CCW classes can be arranged The Range 702 and are a great way to learn the rules and regulations of concealed carry for women while in the company of like-minded people.
- Finally, complete the permitting requirements for your state and obtain your permit. Once you do, you can legally carry according to the unique laws in your state.
Read More: Best Guns for Women
How Much is a CCW Class?
At The Range 702 in Las Vegas, CCW classes depend on if you only need a renewal for your permit, want to obtain a Nevada CCW permit or a multi-state permit.
- A renewal class costs $90.
- Classes for a Nevada CCW permit are $100
- A multi-state CCW permit class is $125.
*Prices are subject to change.
Renewal classes are typically four hours long while those obtaining a new permit are in for an 8-hour long class.
1-ON-1 FIREARM TRAINING
This hour-long class is designed for shooters that are new to firearms or have little experience with range time offered afterward for practice.
Chapter 1: Introduction to Firearms
If you are new to shooting guns, Chapter 1 of the Ultimate Shooting Range Guide gives a breakdown of the parts of a typical handgun, and a brief history of guns. Some topics you will learn:
- How Guns Work
- Parts of a Gun and Their Functions
- Differences Between Firearms and Handguns
Chapter 2: Types of Firearms
There are a lot of types of guns on the market, and you can shoot a selection of them at The Range 702 in Las Vegas. Chapter 2 of the Ultimate Shooting Range Guide is a breakdown the most popular types of guns:
- Machine Guns
Chapter 3: Gun Safety Rules
The essential part of your shooting range experience is learning gun safety rules. If you’re not yet familiar with these rules your range safety officer or instructor will go over these in-depth. Chapter 3 covers everything for a safe and exciting experience, including:
- Fundamentals of Shooting
- Firearm Safety Rules
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Gun Safety
Chapter 4: Shooting Range Equipment
In Chapter 4 we cover the various types of gear and equipment you might see and bring to a indoor shooting range. Some of the items covered include:
- Additional magazines
- Hearing protection
- Protective eyewear
- Gun cleaning kit
Chapter 5: Outdoor Shooting
Chapter 5 of the Ultimate Shooting Range Guide covers the benefits of shooting at an outdoor range plus how to build your own outdoor range. Topics covered include:
- What is an Outdoor Shooting Range?
- How to Build an Outdoor Shooting Range
- Where Is an Outdoor Shooting Range Near Me?
Chapter 6: Indoor Shooting
Many shooters prefer to shoot at an indoor gun range because they are protected from the elements and it’s great for target practice. In Chapter 6, you will learn:
- How Do Indoor Shooting Ranges Work?
- Are Indoor Shooting Ranges Safe?
- What Are Exotic Firearms at the Range?
- What Are Safety Requirements at Indoor Shooting Ranges?
Chapter 7: CCW Classes
Chapter 7 of the Ultimate Shooting Range Guide covers the all the need-to-know for getting your concealed carry permit (CCW), including what to bring, and great firearms to consider purchasing for concealed carry.
- What is a CCW Class?
- Can You Take a CCW Class Before 21?
- How Long is a CCW Class?
- What To Bring to a CCW Class
- How to Get CCW Permit