10 Best Concealed Carry Weapons for Women
Women have the right to be worried about their safety whether at home, work, or vacationing. With so much uncertainty these days, women should consider carrying a concealed carry weapon (CCW) for self-defense. However, before you run down to your local gun shop, it is worthwhile to try out different models at our Las Vegas shooting range.
Check out our Las Vegas shooting range experiences to shoot CCW guns at The Range 702. Book your experience today.
What are the best concealed carry weapons for women?
The best CCW pistols for women include several different models, in no particular order as follows:
1. Sig Sauer P365
- Small, compact design
- Great ergonomics
- Perfect for first-time and experienced handgun owners
- Easy to shoot
- Aftermarket upgrades
- Some women find the handgun too small for their liking.
2. CZ P-01
- Compact 9mm
- 14+1 capacity
- Low failure rate
- Very popular CCW for women
- It can be a little pricier than other handguns.
3. Shadow Systems MR920
- Shoots smoothly
- Internal safety features
- Optic cut slide
- Oversized mag release
- Tritium front sight
- Easy trigger
- One of the most expensive handguns for women.
- Recommended for women committed to wanting a handgun for self-defense.
4. Glock G19
- Most popular CCW handgun
- Slightly smaller than the Glock G17
- Proven, reliable, and durable system
- Double-stacked pistol
- Easy to use
- 15-round clip
- The grip is a little bigger than other handguns.
5. Heckler & Koch VP9
- Easy to handle
- High magazine capacity
- Optics-ready model option
- Great ergonomics
- Easy to use
- Shoots well
- It can take some time to get used to the paddle magazine release when you are not used to it.
6. Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Shield EZ
- Mild recoil
- Small frame
- Smooth components
- Cocks and shoots smoothly
- Lightweight, compact design
- Great for women with smaller hands
- Limited clip capacitors of 7+1 or 8+1.
- Slight kickback when shooting.
7. Ruger SR1911
- Perfect for beginners
- Easy to use
- Smooth performance
- Easy to grip and control
- Low maintenance
- High-quality components
- Smooth magazine changing
- Swappable grip panels
- A full-sized handgun that some women find too big for a CCW.
8. Smith & Wesson 642
- Easy to conceal
- Supports +P loads
- “38 Special” design
- Snub-nosed revolver
- Great backup handgun
- You will love it or hate it.
- Some women find it too uncomfortable.
9. Sig Sauer P238
- Micro-compact pistol
- Easy to carry and conceal
- Super easy to shoot
- External safety
- Perfect backup gun
- Smooth firing
- Some women find the pistol too small.
10. Sig Sauer P226 Legion
- Full-size semi-automatic
- Double-action/single-action pistol
- Low-profile design
- Contoured design
- Easy trigger action
- It can be too large for a concealed carry weapon for some women.
- It could be a bit pricey compared to other handgun models.
Get your CCW permit at The Range 702, whether you own your CCW gun or are still deciding which one to get. Book your class today.
Choosing a CCW
No matter how helpful your significant other wants to be, when choosing a CCW gun, you need to decide what handgun you like the best and feel the most comfortable using. There are certain aspects you will prefer that will differ from what someone else prefers. So, it is essential to be the one choosing your handgun, not someone else.
Take Your Time
You will want to spend time practicing with different CCW handguns at the gun range. Otherwise, you could end up with a pistol you do not like. For instance, you may like how one gun feels in your hands and only fire it a few times.
Yet, later when you decide to practice more with it, you discover you dislike the trigger action or recoil action. Therefore, it is a great idea to fire off numerous rounds with each handgun you are considering.
Consider More Than One
As you narrow your choices down, keep visiting the shooting range and trying out the guns you like to help you make your decision. It is also acceptable to have more than one CCW handgun. Many women have a few different guns along with one or two backup pistols.
Choosing the perfect concealed carry weapon comes down to your personal preferences. So, if you like how the gun feels in your hand and holster with a shot you can handle, that is the CCW handgun for you.
Concealed Carry Permit Classes in Las Vegas
What better place to get your CCW permit than in Vegas, at the largest shooting range in town with the widest selection of pistols, handguns, rifles, and machine guns? We also offer a wide range of shooting experiences, including couple’s therapy, bachelorette parties, VIP experiences, and one-on-one handgun training classes.
So, if you want to carry a handgun with you for self-defense, you need to take a concealed carry permit class. When you take concealed carry classes at The Range 702, the permit we issue allows you to carry a concealed weapon in 36 different states.
Book your ccw classes or shooting experience today!
USLegal. Concealed Weapons Law and Legal Definition.
ShootLikeAGirl.com. Tips for Choosing the Right Handgun.