All shooting ranges take great care to provide a safe and controlled environment for patrons by strictly enforcing these rules. Following these basic firearm safety rules will ensure that you and the other shooters will have a fun, thrilling, and gratifying experience at the gun range.
How to Talk to Your Kids About Gun Safety
If you own a gun or take up shooting as a hobby as a parent, it’s important to know and understand how to explain guns to a child. Gun safety in the home is just as important as it would be at a shooting range or any other location. The National Rifle Association (NRA) has put together four rules you can share with your kids about gun safety.
- Stop – If you see a gun, do not go near it.
- Don’t Touch – Under no circumstances should you touch, hold, or pick up a gun.
- Leave the Area – Leaving the area minimizes the chances of injury if another person decides to handle the gun.
- Tell an Adult – Find a trusted adult figure and tell them what you saw.
So, you’re ready to teach your kids to shoot. What should you know before you start? Timing, safety, gear, and location are essential to a first shooting lesson. Here’s everything you need to know before you teach your kids to shoot: TIMING IS EVERYTHING When it comes to shooting, maturity and desire matter more than…
January 13, 2021
If you are new to shooting guns, Chapter 1 of the Ultimate Shooting Range Guide gives a breakdown of the parts of a typical handgun, and a brief history of guns. Some topics you will learn:
- How Guns Work
- Parts of a Gun and Their Functions
- Differences Between Firearms and Handguns
The essential part of your shooting range experience is learning gun safety rules. If you’re not yet familiar with these rules your range safety officer or instructor will go over these in-depth. Chapter 3 covers everything for a safe and exciting experience, including:
- Fundamentals of Shooting
- Firearm Safety Rules
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Gun Safety
In Chapter 4 we cover the various types of gear and equipment you might see and bring to a indoor shooting range. Some of the items covered include:
- Additional magazines
- Hearing protection
- Protective eyewear
- Gun cleaning kit
Chapter 5 of the Ultimate Shooting Range Guide covers the benefits of shooting at an outdoor range plus how to build your own outdoor range. Topics covered include:
- What is an Outdoor Shooting Range?
- How to Build an Outdoor Shooting Range
- Where Is an Outdoor Shooting Range Near Me?
Many shooters prefer to shoot at an indoor gun range because they are protected from the elements and it’s great for target practice. In Chapter 6, you will learn:
- How Do Indoor Shooting Ranges Work?
- Are Indoor Shooting Ranges Safe?
- What Are Exotic Firearms at the Range?
- What Are Safety Requirements at Indoor Shooting Ranges?
Chapter 7 of the Ultimate Shooting Range Guide covers the all the need-to-know for getting your concealed carry permit (CCW), including what to bring, and great firearms to consider purchasing for concealed carry.
- What is a CCW Class?
- Can You Take a CCW Class Before 21?
- How Long is a CCW Class?
- What To Bring to a CCW Class
- How to Get CCW Permit