This course is a 13-hour course as mandated by the State of Nevada.
CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT CLASS
- 8 hours (10 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Renewal application classes start at 10 a.m. and end at 2 p.m.
What You’ll Need to Bring:
- Credit/Debit card used to purchase your concealed carry class
- Valid government-issued ID
- Copy of your confirmation email (digital is ok)
- Your handgun
- Your holster (Ask us about our new custom holster available for purchase!)
- 50 rounds
- 2 magazines (minimum)
- Eye and ear protection (we can provide these for a minimal fee if you don’t have your own)
This Class Will Cover:
- Firearm safety
- Nevada and federal laws on guns
- Legal implications of possession, transportation, and use of firearms
- General shooting and handling skills
- Practical exercises to draw from different positions
- Lessons on awareness and the defensive mindset
- Shooting qualification test for accuracy
The class will involve both classroom time and range time to help hone your shooting skills and knowledge of the law, which can be applied in defensive situations. If you have additional questions about our concealed weapons class, see our Frequently Asked Question below or call our team at 702-425-5312 to learn more.
- Nevada CCW Permit
- Nevada Permit Renewals
- Multi-state CCW Permit
Las Vegas Concealed Carry Permit Class
Keep you and your loved ones safe and legally carry a concealed weapon! Why? Because honest citizens carry concealed weapons, and bad things can happen to good people—anywhere, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Take your concealed weapons class with The Range 702, and you’re able to lawfully carry concealed in 36 different states. You’ll get detailed classroom instruction and range qualification with a certified firearms instructor.
What to Expect During Your CCW Class
- You’re working out of your holster a lot, which includes shooting from the hip and shooting on the move.
- You are welcome to bring your own firearm and rounds (as long as it is not steel core). If you do not have your own gun, you can rent a handgun from us for $30 and purchase rounds as well (pricing varies depending on caliber).
- The shooting down range qualification is shooting at 3, 5, and 7 yards. The minimum score is 225 out of 300 on a standard silhouette B27 target.
- 3 yards – 6 rounds dominant hand unsupported, 6 rounds non-dominant hand supported.
- 5 yards – 12 rounds with your supported dominant hand.
- 7 yards – 12 rounds with your supported dominant hand.
Nevada CCW Permit Class Requirements:
If you want to apply for a CCW permit, you must first pass a concealed carry class. Our pre-approved CCW class at The Range 702 in Las Vegas is the first step to legally carry a concealed weapon. Requirements for this class include:
- Sober; alcohol or drugs are strictly prohibited. Anyone believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be refused entry.
- At least 21 years of age (or at least 18 if active duty or honorably discharged military)
- Must have a valid government-approved ID with you on the class.
- All reservations are non-refundable but are fully transferable for up to one year from the reservation date.
Have questions about our CCW class? Contact our team today to learn more.
How to Get a CCW Permit
The application process for a CCW permits includes several steps. The first thing you must do is pass an approved firearms training course like this one. Next, CCW applicants must:
- Obtain and fill out a CCW permit application from the county sheriff’s office (DO NOT SIGN YET).
- Bring the application and CCW class certification to the sheriff or police department in person. You will be instructed when to sign the application.
- Pay the fee to process the application.
After submitting your application, it could take up to 120 days to run your background check and either approve or deny your request. You will receive a written notification in the mail.
CCW Permit Class – Frequently Asked Questions
Which gun should I use for my concealed handgun license class?
You should feel comfortable and confident with the handgun you choose to bring to your CCW permit session. Generally, permit applicants prefer smaller, lightweight pistols that are easy to conceal and can be worn comfortably in the holster under clothing. Selecting a gun for CCW is a personal choice and depends on your individual preferences.
Can I still take the class if I don’t own my own gun yet?
Yes, you can still take this class if you do not have a gun. You can rent a handgun from our gun vault and purchase rounds in our facility. However, because this class assesses your shooting and handling skills, we recommend you bring your gun and holster that you already feel comfortable using if you have them.
How far in advance do I need to book my concealed weapons class?
Our calendar of available classes on this page shows our next open time and date. You can reserve your spot directly online or by calling our team at 702-425-5312. Depending on the availability of our certified instructors, you could book your session as soon as the same day, or you may need to consider a later date.
Can I take an online course for a CCW permit?
There is a lot you can learn online about gun laws and safety guidelines. However, in order to pass a concealed carry class, you need to show that you know how to handle a firearm and are a proficient shooter. CCW classes are in person, so the instructor can see your technique and accuracy before passing you.
What if I don’t pass the concealed carry class?
If the CCW instructor doesn’t feel you are ready to apply for your permit yet, there are several classes you can take to improve your shooting and handling skills. If you do not have experience with handguns or firearm safety, it’s crucial that you work on these fundamentals first before applying for a CCW permit. Learn more about our firearm training courses and how we can help you build those skills!
How often do CCW permit holders need to renew their licenses?
Concealed carry permits are valid for five years from the date it was issued (unless revoked). If you do not renew your permit before it expires, you will need to pay a late fee. Remember to carry your CCW permit and government-issued identification on you if you choose to carry a concealed firearm.
Book Your CCW Training Course in Las Vegas Today!
Ready to take the first step to obtain your CCW permit? We’re now booking sessions for our concealed carry classes at The Range 702 in Las Vegas! Our goal is to give you the knowledge and practical application you need to be as safe and responsible with your concealed firearm as possible, even when under pressure.
Take the class with your friends and co-workers for a unique and empowering experience! To reserve your spot, refer to the calendar on this page for availability. Just click on the date and time you prefer, and you’re ready to book your class!
“I just attended the CCW class at Range 702, wow learned a ton of knowledge and skills. I would highly recommend attending this class if you decide to carry a weapon on your person. There are some many areas anyone handling a firearm should be aware of and if not knowledgeable could costs you a lot in life. Taken this class will improve your abilities and educate you on carrying a firearm. The CCW class could certainly change your attitude towards whether to carry or not.”
“I participated in the CCW renewal class and our instructor was very informative and the class was thorough but enjoyable. I highly recommend!”
“Sarge and Stephanie were awesome instructors, I learned something’s I didn’t have no clue about and it was very informative. They were both patient and kept it real every step of the way. Thanks for an awesome experience!”
“I made a great choice when selecting a place to take my CCW. My instructor was Chuck. He was great. We also had some instruction from Sarge and Stephanie too. Fantastic class. I’m sure I’ll be back to use the range as well. Very nice and clean place. A lot of friendly and knowledgeable people there. Thank you guys for making it a great experience!!!”
GET FREE TRANSPORTATION!
TO AND FROM THE RANGE 702
We pick up from all major Las Vegas hotels via our 6 passenger vans or Lyft. Our vans currently accommodate 6 people. For larger groups, we will send as many cars as needed!