The Triple Threat package is great for those who want to shoot from a variety of guns at a great price point.
Shoot an HK53 in Las Vegas
- Must be sober; Alcohol or drugs are strictly prohibited. Anyone believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be refused the use of the range.
- Not Pregnant.
- Mentally Stable.
- Minors must be at least 10 years of age to shoot. Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Must have a valid government-approved ID with you on the day of shooting.
- We require a deposit or full payment to confirm your reservation.
- All reservations are non-refundable but are fully transferable for up to six months from the reservation date.
- From :
- $ 64.95
What Is an HK53 Rifle?
The Heckler & Koch 53 (HK 53) submachine gun is essentially a compact version of the HK 33 machine gun, allowing for versatility and maneuverability that many gun enthusiasts appreciate. It has been used by the British Royal Marines, the British SAS, United States law enforcement, and military branches worldwide—and continues to be a service weapon used today.
It’s safe to say we’ve come a long way from the Gatling gun when we look at the size and precision of the HK53. This compact assault rifle is German in origin and design with similar proportions to the HK MP5. However, the magazine well, flash hider and forearm of the HK53 are slightly longer than the MP5. The HK53 also has a retractable stock but can be custom fitted with a fixed stock.
The Heckler Koch 53 is a powerful firearm that packs a punch. It has a shorter barrel and lighter weight than the HK33, but it is heavier and chambered for higher caliber rounds than the MP5 (to which it is often compared in terms of size). Although it may not be ideal for long range targets more than 600 meters away, it’s incredibly effective within 200 meters (~650 feet).
Here are some quick HK53 details:
- 5.56x45mm NATO caliber
- Detachable box magazine feed system
- Magazine capacity of 25 rounds (can also take 30 and 40-round magazines)
- Barrel length is 8.3 inches (211mm)
- Weight is 6.7 lbs (~3kg)
- 750 m/s (meters per second) muzzle velocity
- Retractable stock – 775mm extended/563mm retracted
- Rate of fire is 700 RPM (rounds per minute)
- Roller delayed blowback action
The Range 702 offers the adrenaline-pumping experience of shooting an HK53 at the largest indoor shooting range in Las Vegas! Contact our team to learn more or to book your lane today.
How Do You Shoot an HK53?
The HK53 is a selective-fire gun, which means it can be adjusted to fire in different modes, including:
- Semi-automatic mode
- Short burst mode
- Fully automatic mode
You switch between modes using the pictographic trigger group settings on the side of gun itself. Shooters can choose to fire a single burst, 3-round burst, or full auto with each trigger pull of the HK53. How you handle the gun and what to expect when you fire it depends on the trigger configuration you select.
The HK53 has a diopter style of rear sight with different settings, which should be adjusted depending on the distance of your target. Shooters will also find a standard HK front sight, along with a charging handle on the top of the forearm just above the barrel. Because of its shorter barrel, you’ll notice the HK53 has a sizeable four-pronged flash hider much bigger than other rifles.
Shooting an HK53 is an exhilarating experience! It has a short barrel but is also relatively heavy and chambered for 5.56x45mm NATO caliber ammo, so it tends to have strong recoil that might be intimidating to some shooters. However, it is definitely manageable and even highly requested by many Las Vegas thrill-seekers at The Range 702!
What Can I Expect From the HK53 Shooting Experience?
Your unforgettable HK53 shooting experience starts when you walk through the doors at The Range 702. Our knowledgeable staff members will make sure you’re covered with everything you need for your shooting session, including:
- Ear and eye protection
- A comprehensive safety briefing
- Instruction and guidance on how to shoot the HK53
- 5.56x45mm NATO rounds
- Your choice of other machine guns in our gun vault
- Access to onsite instructors and lessons (please try to book classes ahead of time)
Safety is our priority, and we always make sure you feel comfortable and secure while at our facility. Whether you’re new to firearms or are a more seasoned shooter, you’ll find the ultimate shooting experience with the Heckler & Koch 53 assault rifle right here at The Range 702.
Book a thrilling shooting experience with an HK53 today! Contact us at The Range 702 in Las Vegas to reserve your spot.
GET FREE TRANSPORTATION!
TO AND FROM THE RANGE 702
We pick up from all major Las Vegas hotels via our 6 passenger vans or Lyft. Our vans currently accommodate 6 people. For larger groups, we will send as many cars as needed!