Want to share your Ultimate Shooting Experience with a friend?
Shoot an MP5SD in Las Vegas
- Must be sober; Alcohol or drugs are strictly prohibited. Anyone believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be refused the use of the range.
- Not pregnant.
- Mentally stable.
- Minors must be at least 10 years of age to shoot. Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Must have a valid government-approved ID with you on the day of shooting.
- We require a deposit or full payment to confirm your reservation.
- All reservations are non-refundable but are fully transferable for up to six months from the reservation date.
- From :
- $ 64.95
What Is an MP5 Machine Gun?
The H&K MP5 is a bolt-action submachine gun developed by German engineers in the 1960s. It is a popular firearm widely used by several active military branches, law enforcement, and special unit organizations around the world, including the U.S. Navy, Secret Service, and SWAT.
Here are some quick MP5 details:
- 9x19mm Parabellum cartridge (9mm caliber)
- .40 S&W or 10mm caliber (more powerful variants)
- Roller-delayed blowback, closed bolt action
- 800 rounds/min (RPM) rate of fire
- Effective firing range of 200 meters or 656 feet (not for long range shooting)
- Weight ranges from 2kg (4.4 lbs) to 3.5kg (7.5 lbs) depending on the variant
- Detachable magazine feed system for 15, 30, 40, or 50 rounds
The Heckler Koch MP5 is considered to be one of the most reliable, accurate, and highest-quality firearms on the market today. There are several variants of this gun, including the machine pistol (MP5K) and the sound-suppressed variant (MP5SD).
What Is the SD Variant of the MP5?
The MP5SD was designed in 1974 as a sound-suppressed version of the original for special military operations, including the NAVY SEALs. This integrally suppressed variant features a lightweight bolt, collapsible stock, and detachable aluminum sound suppressor, which makes the MP5SD slightly longer than the standard MP5.
The MP5SD is generally fed from a curved 30-round magazine but it can also take magazines with a capacity of 15 or 100 rounds. It also has standard H&K front post and rear diopter sights. However, night sights or optical sights can be mounted on the firearm as well. Effective range fire for the MP5SD is anywhere from 25 to 75 meters, depending on the type of stock.
How Does the MP5SD Work?
The reason the MP5SD is unique is because it uses standard, military-use 9mm ammunition—not subsonic ammo usually required for a suppressed weapon. The special barrel was designed with perforations or small holes drilled into it to vent some of the gas used to propel the round. By slowing down the round, it essentially never breaks the speed of sound and does not create the loud “boom” you hear when firing other assault rifles.
The aluminum suppressor also relieves pressure as the gun fires with intricate tubing that is cut into asymmetrical V-shaped baffles within the suppressor. This creates more area for the gas to continue moving around before it exits the firearm. With less pressure being released at one time, the quieter the gun is going to be.
Contact us today to book your adrenaline-pumping MP5SD shooting experience at the largest indoor shooting range in Las Vegas!
How Do You Shoot an MP5SD?
Like many assault rifles, the MP5SD is a selective-fire gun. How you shoot and handle the gun depends on the trigger configuration selected before firing.
The shooter can adjust the gun to fire in three different modes depending on the need, including:
- Semi-automatic mode
- Two-round or three-round burst mode (depending on the variant)
- Fully automatic mode
Switching between modes is easy using the pictographic trigger group setting on either side of the firearm (ambidextrous trigger group location). Because the SD is a suppressed firearm, the semi-auto and burst modes are the most used in this variant. However, it can effectively fire in full-auto mode as well with both power and accuracy.
What Can I Expect From the MP5SD Machine Gun Shooting Experience?
An unforgettable machine gun Vegas experience starts when you visit us at The Range 702! Our trained staff members will make sure you have everything you need for your shooting session, including:
- Ear and eye protection
- A comprehensive safety briefing
- Instruction and guidance on how to shoot the MP5SD
- 9mm rounds
- Your choice of other machine guns in our gun vault
- Access to onsite instructors and lessons (please try to book classes ahead of time)
At The Range 702, providing safe and effective range time is our priority. Our friendly team will always make sure you feel comfortable and secure while at our facility. Whether you’re new to firearms or are an experienced shooter, you’ll find the ultimate MP5SD experience right here at The Range 702 in Las Vegas.
Book a thrilling shooting experience with an MP5SD today! Contact us at The Range 702 in Las Vegas to reserve your spot.
- Forgotten Weapons. (13 November 2020). H&K MP5SD: The Cadillac of Suppressed Submachine Guns. YouTube. Retrieved 16 March 2022.
- Military-Today. Heckler & Koch MP5SD. Retrieved 16 March 2022.
GET FREE TRANSPORTATION!
TO AND FROM THE RANGE 702
We pick up from all major Las Vegas hotels via our 6 passenger vans or Lyft. Our vans currently accommodate 6 people. For larger groups, we will send as many cars as needed!