Armed Guard Training Classes
$150.00 on Mondays and Tuesdays (must take the class both days.)
Course of instruction required by Nevada Private Investigators Board.
Class conducted by PILB Certified Firearms Instructor. (CFI)
- This course is a 13 hour course as mandated by the State of Nevada. The course is 8 hours in the classroom and 5 hours on the range. This course includes how to safely carry your firearm on and off duty. Laws of arrest, use-of-force, use of deadly force and much more. You will be given classroom instruction as well as qualify on the range with the handgun you choose to carry.
- You MUST re-qualify with your duty gun every 6 months at the range. The Range 702 offers this for $25.00 plus rounds and target.
- You must take the refresher course every 5 years and re-qualify to keep your card current.
- Monday 10:30am to 4:30pm classroom training with an hour lunch.
- Tuesday 10:30pm - 3pm; range portion of the class with an hour lunch.
- Each student must bring their own firearm and proper gunbelt, holster, with keepers and magazine/speed loader pouches/carriers.
- Semi-auto users must bring at least 3 magazines.
- Revolvers users must bring at least 2 speedloaders
- Each student will require 250 rounds. No steel-core, armor-piercing, tracer or incendiary rounds permitted.
- Each student should bring a shooting mat or towel for use during prone shooting. (Knee or elbow pads are recommended, but not required, also available for purchase.)
- Students need to bring a money order payable to the PILB for $25.00 for the two day class.
- Each student must bring a completed state employment verification letter to be admitted to the class.
- Each student must bring a current “armed” or “unarmed” or “provisional” work card.
- Upon successful completion each student will receive a certificate of completion, and qualification card.
- Concealed firearm permit training is available in conjunction with this class.