The Range 702 - Shooting Range Rules
Please read our rules thoroughly.
Shooting range customers must follow all posted range rules. All firearms must be unloaded, cased, or holstered upon entering the facility. Permitted CCW's are welcome.
- Children must be at least 10 years of age to be allowed on the shooting range. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian and supervised at all times.
- Tracer, Armor piercing, Incendiary Rounds and all other ammunition containing steel are prohibited. Rifle caliber rounds larger than 30-06 (7.62 x 63mm) is prohibited. Any round rated over 3,600 feet per second is prohibited on the range.
- Firearms must be pointed down range at all times while in your assigned shooting lane.
- Unattended firearms must be unloaded and placed in a range bag, case or on your assigned shooting bench with muzzle facing down range, and action open.
- Firearms, Magazines, and Speed Loaders must be loaded at the firing line.
- All Firearms not on the firing line must be unloaded at the firing line.
- All firearms not on the firing line must be unloaded with their action open and magazine removed.
- If you wish to present/draw from the holster, you must be qualified by the CRSO (fee applied).
- No one other than the Range Safety Officer may go forward of the firing line.
- Report any unsafe activity of conditions to the Range Safety Officer or Manager immediately.
- Never bring a loaded firearm out of the shooting range. If your gun malfunctions lay it on the shooting bench facing down range and notify the Range Safety Officer.
- Range Safety Officers reserve the right to inspect all firearms and ammunition for safety considerations.
- When the command "Cease Fire" is given, stop shooting immediately and wait for further instructions from the Range Safety Officer.
- Commands issued by the Range Safety Officers and Range Personnel must be obeyed immediately.
- Dry practice is allowed only on the firing line.
- Fire at authorized targets only. Us the appropriate size target, placed at eye level, to ensure your shots strike the backstop and not the floor, ceiling, or target holder.
- Firing a shot on the range that results in the bullet striking anything other than the target and/or backstop, creating any damage, may result in a damage or repair fine and/or your removal from the range.
- Only shoot at your target, cross firing of targets is prohibited.
- Eating, drinking, smoking and the use of alcohol or drugs is prohibited on the range. Anyone believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be refused the use of the range.
- Cell phone usage, including texting is strictly prohibited on the range.